1. A . I'd like a single room with a bath. B. You must cook for me.
C. Maybe you are right.
2. A. It's in Australia. B. It's in North America. C. It's in Europe.
3. A. It's my pleasure. B. With pleasure. C. I'd like to.
4. A. My father bought the car for me. B. It cost almost 100,000 yuan. C. For only ten months.
5. A. You are welcome B. That's all right C. I'll take yours.
6. A. Hot B. Cold C. Cloudy
7. A. At Peter's house. B. At school C. At Helen's home
8. A. Some hot coffee B. Some warm porridge C. Some iced beer
9. A. It will be held in Beijing. B. It will be held on August 8th ,2008.
C. It's held every 4 years.
10. A. He is looking for his pen. B. He is looking for his friend.
C. He is looking for his dictionary.
11 . What's the date next Friday?
A. June 17th . B. June 27th C. July 7th
12 . What does Linda enjoy doing?
A. Reading and listening to pop music.
B. Playing computer games.
C. Reading and dancing.
13. What will the man buy for Linda?
A. A book. B. A CD. C. A magazine about popular songs.
14. Does the man have lots of money ? How do you know?
A. Yes. Because he thinks buying a CD for Linda is quite easy for him.
B. No. Because he thinks it's a special gift for her.
C. No. Because he thinks it's too expensive to buy a CD.
15. How old is Linda now?
A. Thirteen B. Fourteen C. Fifteen.
Do you know what the White House is ? Perhaps some of you do, 16 others don't. The White House is the place where the president of the USA 17 . It is in Washington D.C. It's really white. But do you know why the White House is white?
The story took place in 18 .That year England was at war with America. The British captured the city and some of the buildings were set on fire, 19 the president's house. In1814 in order to hide the brown marks of the fire, all the walls of the president's house were painted white and it has been the "White House" ever 20 .
21. This is _____ song I’ve told you. Isn’t it ____ beautiful one ?
A. the; a B. the; the C. a; a D. a; the
22. He isn’t like the man he ______.
A. used to B. was used to C. used to be D. was used to be
23.How do you feel when you see the national flag of China______?
A. raise B. raising C. rising D. to rise
24. My friend Li Xiao knows my hometown very well because he ______ there many times with me.
A. has been B. has gone C. had gone D. went
25. –Would your brother go for a picnic this Sunday ?
-If I don’t go, _______.
A. so does he B. neither does he C. so he will D. neither will he
26. He made a fire ____ himself ____ warm.
A. make; to keep B. to make; to keep C. to make; keep D. make; keep
27._________ do you think ________?
A. What; he has talked about the plan B. Where; does he live
C. How; has he done with the old machine
D. Which; is the most important invention
28. We’re supposed to spend as much time as we can ____English.
A. read B. reading C. to read D. to reading
29. –What did you see in the desk ?
- Some books ____ by Lu Xun.
A. are written B. written C. wrote D. were written
30. She ____ her voice to _____ better.
A. rised, heard B.rose,be heard C.raised,be heard D. raised, heard
Happiness exists everywhere. You 31 care about those people who own beautiful houses with large gardens and swimming pools or those 32 have nice cars and a lot of money and so on. Why? Because the people who have big houses may often feel 33 and those who have cars may want to walk on the country 34 in their free time.
In fact, happiness is always around you if you put your 35 into it. When you are 36 trouble at school, your friends will help you; when you study hard at your lessons, your parents are 37 taking good care of your life and your health; when you get 38, your friends will say congratulations to you; when you do 39, people around you will help you to correct it. And when you do something good to others, you will feel happy, too. All these are your happiness. If you notice 40 them, you’ll see happiness is around you.
Happiness is not the same 41 money. It is a 42 of your heart. When you are poor, you can also say you are very happy, because you have something else that can’t 43 with money. When you meet with difficulties, you can say loudly that you are very happy, because you have more chances to 44 yourself. So you can’t always say you are poor and you have bad luck. As the saying goes, “Life is like a revolving 45 .When it closes, it also opens.”If you take every chance you get, you can be a happy and lucky person.
31. A. mustn’t B. needn’t C. can’t D. couldn’t
32. A. they B. / C. who D. people
33. A. worried B. alone C. happy D. lonely
34. A. roads B. streets C. fields D. ways
35. A. ears B. eyes C. heart D. nose
36. A. out of B. in C. in the D. out of the
37. A. seldom B. usually C. often D. always
38. A. confidence B. money C. success D. examination
39. A. something right B. something wrong
C. anything wrong D. nothing wrong
40. A. a lot B. a number of C. a little of D. a bit of
41. A. as B. like C. from D. alike
42. A. touching B. notice C. feeling D. kind
43. A. buy B. bring C. be brought D. be bought
44. A. prevent B. challenge C. attack D. produce
45. A. window B. corridor C. door D. floor
American Classroom Rules
1. If the teacher asks a question, you should give an answer. If you do not understand the question, you should put up your hand and ask the teacher to repeat the question. If you don’t know the answer , it’s all right to tell the teacher that you don’t know . Then he or she knows what you need to learn.
2. There is no excuse for not doing your homework. If you can not go to school, you should call your teacher or your classmate and ask for the homework. It is your responsibility to find out what homework you have missed. It is not the teacher’s job to remind you of missed homework.
3. You must not be absent(缺席) on a test day. If you are badly ill, call and let the teacher know you will not be there for the test. If your teacher allows you to take a makeup , you should take the test within one or two days after you return to class. Bad illness is the only reason for missing a test.
4. Be on time! It’s not polite to be late. Also, it bothers other students. If you must come in late, be sure to do it quietly. Have your books out of your bag before you come into the classroom. Then go to your seat and sit quietly. In the US, it is not necessary to knock at the door before you come into the classroom.
46. If you can not go to school,___________.
A. the teacher will remind you of the homework
B. the teacher will call you what your homework is
C. you should find out what your homework is
D. you don’t have to do your homework
47. If you are badly ill,__________________
A. you can’t be absent on a test day
B. you should take the test within one or two days
C. you should let your teacher know that you will be there for the test
D. you can miss the test
48. In the US ,_______if you are late.
A. it’s all right to come into the classroom within knocking at the door
B. take your books out of your bag after you come into the classroom
C. it’s not necessary to keep quiet when you enter the classroom
D. it’s not polite to knock at the door
49. The underline word “makeup” in the 3rd paragraph means________
A. 化妆 B. 编造 C. 组成 D.补考
50. The main idea of the passage is_______
A. that you should answer the teacher’s questions in class
B. that you have the responsibility to do your homework
C. the rules you should follow as an American student
D. that it’s polite to be on time for class
About ten men in every hundred have the trouble of color blindness in some way. Women are luckier, only about one in two hundred is affected(感染)in this matter. Perhaps, after all ,it is safer to be driven by a woman.
There are different kinds of color blindness. For example, a man cannot see deep red. He may think that red, orange and yellow are all shades (影子) of green. Sometimes a person can’t tell the difference between blue and green. Only a few unlucky men may see everything in shades of green— a strange world indeed.
Color blindness in human beings is a different thing to explain. In only one eye there are millions of very small things called “cones(锥状细胞)” . These help us to see in the bright light and to tell differences between colors. These are also millions of “rods“(杆状细胞)，but these are used for seeing when it is nearly dark. They show us shapes but not colors.
Some insects have favorite colors. Mosquitoes(蚊子) like blue but do not like yellow. A red light will not attract insects, but a blue light will. Human beings also have favorite colors. Yet we are lucky. With the help of the cones in our eyes, we can see many beautiful colors by day, and with the help of the rods we can see shapes at night.
51. “Color blindness” means ______ in Chinese.
A. 盲目 B. 无色 C 色盲 D 讨厌颜色
52. Some people say it’s safer to be driven by women because ________ .
A. women drive more carefully
B. women are better at driving than men.
C. women can see things more clearly .
D. there are fewer color — blind women.
53. With the help of the “cones”, we can ____.
A. tell different shapes B. kill insets
C. see in the dark D. tell orange from yellow
54. We can attract and kill mosquitoes by using a ____ light.
A. red B. yellow C. blue D. green
55. Which of the following sentences about color blindness is TRUE?
A. None of men can see deep red.
B. Not all of men have the same problem in recognizing colors.
C. None of men can tell the difference between blue and green.
In Britain you may often hear “Drop in any time” or “Come to see me soon”, but you can’t really do that. People just say those things to make you feel welcome . It is better to telephone before visiting someone at home. If you receive a written invitation to an event that says “RSVP”, you should reply to let the person who sent the invitation know whether or not you plan to go .
You should never accept an invitation unless you really plan to go. You may refuse by saying, “Thank you for inviting me, but I will not be able to come.” If , after accepting , you are unable to go, be sure to tell those who are expecting you as soon as possible that you will not be there. Although it is not necessarily expected that you give a gift to your host, it is considered polite to do so, especially if you have been invited for a meal. Flowers, chocolate, or a small gift are all appropriate(合适的). A thank-you note or telephone call after the visit is also considered polite and is an appreciation for the invitation.
56. What can you do when a British friend says, “Drop in anytime” ?
A. Visit him or her at any time. B. Say no time to him or her seriously
C. Telephone him or her before visiting. D. Visit him or her soon.
57. What does the underlined word “RSVP” probably mean in Chinese?
A. 请自便 B. 请回复 C.请审阅 D.请来访
58. What should you do if your British friend sends you an invitation but you do not want to go?
A. Do not give him or her an answer. B. Tell another friend to go instead of you.
C. Tell him or her that you can’t be there for some reason.
D. Tell him or her that you don’t want to go there.
59. Which of the following is considered impolite in Britain?
A. Buy small presents when invited. B. Refuse the invitation without telling anyone.
C. Write a thank-you note after a visit. D. Give a telephone call after a visit.
60. Where would you probably see this passage?
A. In an invitation. B. In a guidebook.
C. On a poster. D. In a newspaper.
[任务型阅读] (D) www.
Cancer is a serious disease. Adults and children can get cancer. The cancer center treats many patients each year. More and more people in California need cancer treatment. Scientists are trying to find new ways to treat cancer. They also want to help cancer patients learn about the disease.
A cancer center in Davis wants to 62 expand. The center wants to offer treatment and research to patients. It also wants to add a special hospital. This special hospital is for children with cancer. More space is needed. More money is needed, too.
A woman lost her son to cancer. He was only five years old when he died. She wants to do something to help other children with cancer. She wants more research to be done, so other children won’t get sick. One thing she can do is donate money to the cancer center. She donated a large amount of money to help treat children with cancer.
It will be an expensive project. The woman’s donation will help, but much more money is needed. A local university will provide some of the money. The rest of the money will be donated by local people. They expect that it will take two years to raise the rest of the needed funds.
61.According to the passage, what are scientists trying to do?
62. The underlined word “expand” means_______ in Chinese.
63.Why did the woman donate a lot of money to the cancer center?
64.How long will it take to raise the rest of the needed funds?
65.Not only__________but also ______________is needed to add a special hospital.
Confidence is very important in daily life. It can help you develop a healthy attitude. A study shows that the people who are more confident are much healthier. They can have more chance to make themselves successful. But how to be more confident? Here are some suggestions:
Speak loud when you are not confident, you can’t do well what you want to do. You speak in a voice so low that other people can hardly hear you. Try to speak loud enough so that people can hear you clearly. The high voice can help you become more confident.
Play sports Physical exercise makes you tired but completely relaxed. 68. A strong body helps you full of confidence.
Encourage yourself Write down a list of things you did during the day to see how many things you have done well. Did you finish your homework? Did you tell a joke that made everybody laugh ? Give yourself praise for the good things you’ve done.
Get rid of(消除) fear Fear comes along with failure. But it’s easy to overcome if you know that failure is part of your life. Don’t hide your head just because you said something stupid last time. Try to start again and believe you can do better.
Pick up a hobby If you like singing, sing as much as you can. 69. In some ways, a hobby can make you outstanding. And it will make you happy and confident.
66.How many suggestions can help you to be more confident?
67.How can you encourage yourself ?
1. His rich ___________( 经历) have made a deep impression on us.
2. After the terrible avalanche, few of people_________(生还).
3.My grandmother fainted suddenly, I called for an ________(救护车).
4. Almost everyone has some musical ________(能力).
5.When I first went to a foreign country, I found everything was_______(不熟悉的)。
6. He was still in the sea and hoped to _______(save) by others.
7.You shouldn’t have _______(go)out without permission.
8. You must do everything you can _______(improve) your English.
9. There were some people________(injury) in the fire.
10. He is looking forwards to _________(encourage) by his headteacher.六、补全句子(10分)
When you are _____ ____, you should _____ no ______ to it.
You ____ _____ _____ the problems _____ with your parents.
Three of those we invited to the party didn’t _____ _____.
_______ the prices from ______ is one of the most important problems _____ the Chinese Government needs to ______.
He_____ ______ ______ _____ with his friends ____ _____ time with his mother.
Every day cars kill or hurt many people on roads. Sometimes the drivers drive too fast or do not drive carefully enough. Some of them b 1 the traffic rules and cause accidents.
A 2 to some researchers, it is usually the pedestrians(行人) who c 3 the accidents. A lot of road users are very careless. They walk or run a 4 the roads in front of the cars. They walk in the roads but not on the walkways. They get into or out of cars in the middle of the road. Some do not take the trouble to wait for the green lights and simply cross the roads a 5 the red lights.
Many people think accidents often happen in busy roads in large cities, but this is not always true. For example, Tokyo is one of the world’s largest cities and probably one of the b 6 cities. However, there are few accidents to pedestrians. The r 7 is that the police there are very strict and the pedestrians are very careful. Pedestrians never cross against a red light and they always follow traffic rules.
Do you know alcohol(酒精) is another main cause of traffic ? It delays people’s response. Those who have d 8 alcohol are slow in making decisions. They need a few more s 9 to react(反应). Alcohol drinking is e 10 dangerous for motor car drivers. It is not only drivers who may have accidents after drinking, drunken pedestrians may put their lives in danger as well.
1._________ 2.________ 3.________ 4.________ 5._________
I’m sorry to hear that you’re worried about your exams. Here’s some advice.
1-5A B A C B 6-10 B C C B C 11-15 B A C C C
16. while 17. lives 18. 1812 19. including 20. since
21-25 A C C A D 26-30 C D B B C
31-35 B C D A C 36-40 B D C B D 41-45 A C D B C
46-50 C D A D C 51-55 C D D C B 56-60 C B C B B
61. They are trying to find new ways to treat cancer.
63.To help treat other children with cancer.
64. Two years.
65.more space more money
66.Five suggestions. /Five /5.
67. Give yourself/myself praise for the good things you’ve/I’ve done.
70. How to be more confident/Suggestions to be confident .
1. experiences 2. survived 3. ambulance 4. abilities 5. unfamiliar
6. be saved 7. gone 8. to improve 9. injured 10. being encouraged
1. laughed at; pay attention 2. had better talk ; over
3. show up 4. prevent/ keep/ stop ; rising; that; solve
5. would rather hang out; than spend
1. break 2. According 3. cause 4. across 5. against
6. busiest 7. reason 8. drunk 9. seconds 10. especially